If your club is using our 24-hour access system you probably already know how to add a new key to a member’s account. However, what if you want to assign a key to someone who’s not a member? We call those temporary keys. A few examples of when you would want to use a temporary key rather than adding a member and assigning them a key are:
- Temporary worker: a painter who will be painting your club for the next week
- Temporary member: a person who only paid for two weeks at your club but doesn’t want a contract
- Long term worker: a janitor whose key will work for 6 months at a time (unless you renew it)
Adding a temporary key is easy, just follow these simple steps:
Start by clicking on the Accounts tab at the top of any screen:
Next, click the view keys button to the right of the account search menu:
Next, click on the new key button at the bottom of the temporary keys listing:
Next, enter the details for the temporary key:
- Select the type of key. This should match whatever keys you are using with your 24-hour access system.
- Enter the guest’s first name
- Enter the guest’s last name
- Enter the key number for the temporary key
- Select the expiration date for this temporary key (default is 1 month)
- Enter a description of why this temporary key was issued
When you’re done entering the temporary key details, simply click on the save button and you’re done! The temporary key will be active until the expiration date that you selected above (item #5).